Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Color Room

I think I have mentioned this website before but it is called The Color Room. It is really quite fun. They post a new color palette and a layout sketch each week and you design something using the palette, then upload a picture of your design to the website. It is a great place to get inspiration. I know that Peggy has used the site a lot for color ideas. This is the palette for this week.




I have to admit that this was not my favorite color palette but I found some pictures of Ian when he was two visiting Pismo Beach. Here are my layouts. These were done digitally on Photoshop Elements 7. I used the colors to make my own papers and elements. I didn't really use the sketch this time. But I sort of liked the sun element so I put that in. It was actually quite fun.



You should check out this site and all of the layouts that have been posted. They are really great. Some of them are a little "over the top" for me. I obviously like clean lines and pretty simple design. They are beautiful, don't get me wrong. Just different taste than mine.

If you are not a digital scrapper, you can post pictures of traditional pages as well. Check out this blog. I love the page she made of her son's (well, I think it is her son) first guitar. Awesome!

Enjoy!
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle, thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate each and every comment. Even if you don't follow on GFC the comments count towards a blog's score that they use to determine if your blog is worth getting more expensive products to review. There is alot that goes into it and the food items don't require as much as the others. I believe I saw these chips either at Walmart or Kroger before I got the free ones to review. I am following your blog thru GFC and look forward to more projects!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete