Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Bank of Peggy!

I can't believe I am going to admit this to ALL nine followers of our blog...but I am a terrible saver of money. I don't know what is wrong with me but I can tell you that my dad is the same way. So it must be genetic and I have inherited this terrible trait. I don't think my brother or sister have it so I am the lucky one. But for as long as I can remember, I just can't do it. So, I have trusted my money to the institution I call my "Peggy Bank". Genius right? Whenever I get a little extra (which doesn't happen very often) I give it to Peggy and she keeps it safe.
Right now I am saving for Adobe Creative Suite (CS5) Design Premium. It is very expensive. So, I told Peggy this is what I want so I need to save for it. She takes this very seriously and told me that if I want this program I need to have a class to learn it as well so I couldn't have the money until I had enough for both. I agreed!
Well, one of my favorite Digital Scrapbooking websites, jessicasprague.com is having a sale and the Adobe Illustrator class in 20% off. I was pretty excited but did not know if I should go ahead and purchase the class and let it sit on my computer until I have the program or wait and hopefully it will go on sale again later. Which it usually does. Anyway, I emailed Peggy, forwarded her the website and said, "What do you think? Should I purchase this class while it is on sale?" Here is the response I received back.

Dear Ms James,
Iam writing to you in regards to your savings account (account #0001) at Peggy Bank. We recently received a request for withdrawal for an item that was not specified as your item you were saving for when you opened the account.
You chose to bank with Peggy Bank because of our strict rules and guidelines for accessing your money. We do not believe in penalizing our customers, but we do take the job of protecting your savings very seriously. The item you specified you were saving for was Creative Suite. You are well on your way to having enough to purchase that item.
For that reason, we are offically denying your request for withdrawal for purchase of the online class, Adobe Illustrator.

Kindest regards,


Peggy


Bank President


What a great friend. I was laughing the first time I read it and am still laughing now as I post it on the blog. I asked about interest and apparently Peggy Bank doesn't give interest. But, as the president told me, they don't penalize either. So there you have it! I guess I am still on course for Adobe Illustrator CS5 and since I won't be able to purchase it without a class, I will, someday be learning new design techniques to pass onto you. Won't that be great? Until then, we will continue learning Photoshop Elements. I love it as well.


I am not sure how many customers Peggy Bank wants, but if you have a genetic disorder like me, call one of your friends to help you out. I am sure they would be more than happy to ablige.


Michelle


2 comments:

  1. You two crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ms. James,

    I feel a response is necessary after reading your Micheggy blog entry of 06/23/11. At this time, our bank has all the accounts it can handle, given the size of our staff. While we appreciate your kind recommendation, please inform your friends that we are at capacity, and are not accepting new accounts at this time.

    Kindest Regards,
    Peggy Stolley
    Bank President

    ReplyDelete