Sunday, August 21, 2011

Very...PINteresting...

Have you heard of Pinterest?  I had heard about it, but hadn't done anything about it...It sounded like work.  I didn't quite see the value in it, to be truthful.  Then Michelle started getting Pinteresting, and I thought maybe I should give it a try.  Apparently, you have to be invited by a current member to become a member, so Michelle used one of her precious 5 invitations to invite me.  That was Thursday.  By Saturday, I had pinned about 100 different pins, on 8 different boards.  I was HOOKED.  We are now going to employ the "Choose your own adventure" style blog.  If you haven't heard of Pinterest, or aren't very familiar with it and want to know more, keep reading.  If you're a Pinterest veteran, and you just want to see what we've posted and stuff, skip two paragraphs ahead.  :)

Pinterest has an "about" page that includes the following info:


"Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests."

People who may find Pinterest interesting are people who search the Internet for...well...anything, really.  Crafts, cars, fashion, recipes, projects, home decor, organization, design, weddings, etc.  It is a place where you can have your own page, and simply copy and paste the pics so you can reference them later.  Pinterest automatically refers you back to the original post so you can find it again.  You can search other people's boards to see what they find interesting, and other people can see yours.  What a way to connect with random people!

Now that we're all up to speed, here is a link to Michelle's Pinterest page:  http://pinterest.com/micheggy/ and Peggy's is at: http://pinterest.com/peggystolley/  (By the way, I'm not 100% sure how these links will work if you're not a Pinterest member.  Let me know if you have problems...

We would LOVE for you to follow our Pins, and in return, we want to see what you're up to!  Leave a comment with a link to your Pinterest page, if you like, and we'll be sure to follow!  If you're NOT a member and would like to be, leave us a comment with your email.  We have 4 invitations left we'd be willing to share!

Just in case the links don't work, I don't want you all to be totally bummed, so I'll show you a few pics from our boards.  First of all, from Peggy's board, is a Micheggy picture if there ever was one!  Take a look:



IT'S SO PINK AND GREEN!  This is from Peggy's board, "pretty color combos."  It stood out as Micheggy, so that's what it's labeled.  From Michelle's board we have:


PUMPKIN BOWLING!!! Oh, it was too funny not to post, and we both thought that it was worth sharing...
I'll leave off with a few other favorites we have.  Please come find us on Pinterest, and let us know how to find you.  Too much fun!!

 Butterfly cupcakes, anyone??


 Christmas lights, scrapbook paper, and Dixie cups.  Adorable!


 No way.  YES way!  A hollowed out pumpkin half as a cooler.  Love it!


Whooooo's going to visit us on our Pinterest pages?  See you there!


-Peggy

 



5 comments:

  1. Yay! Pinterest. It is so fun. Everyone should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. One more thing for me to obsess about. I know that cupcake comment was aimed at me; don't tell me it wasn't. You two are evil, just evil...darn it all.
    <3 N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you saying you would like an invite Nancy? We would be happy to get one right into your email box! Evil is our thing. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did aim it at you...I thought you needed to know what you're missing! (And isn't it adorable?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pinterest too! I'm happy to see you are addicted as well :)

    ReplyDelete