Sunday, August 7, 2011

Embellish Coloring Challenge

I saw this fun contest today at Embellish magazine while surfing different blogs and thought it would be a great card contest to enter. I don't think you have to make a card for it but I was working on my cards for class and the colors worked well for the challenge so I thought I would take a stab at it. Here is my entry. The cards need to be within the color palette and include coloring.

Link

I used Basic Grey "sweet threads" spring tote paper (both sides) for the fringe piece and the pink piece on top of it and Bazzill Basics swiss dot for the background piece.

The stamps are:
Flower - Hero Arts
Birthday Blessings and the swirl - Technique Tuesday

I chose to use watercolor paints from Hero Arts on my flower. I had not colored in a long time and I really had fun. Enjoy!

Michelle

9 comments:

  1. So pretty, Michelle...any place I could put some Stickles...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, thank for following my blog and referring Nancy too! I am following you both now. I used to do a lot of scrapbooking but when I went digital, I lost my momentum :( I admire the card making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card! i sometimes do digital scrapbooking, but haven't had the time after my youngest was born. i think it's about time i start again... :)

    thanks so much for the visit and follow; followed you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya I'm Ellie from A Little of This and a Little of That blog and I found you through the Wild Weekend Blog Hop. I'm now your newest follower. You have a really nice blog. If you get a minute please stop by my blog and follow back. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute..your ruffled edge looks like a Hawaiian skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I hope the people taking my class will like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet design! Thanks for taking on Embellishes Coloring Color Trends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete