Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

There are three things that I would like to try for 2012. I found a lot of inspiration for these on Pinterest. If you do not belong to Pinterest and would like an invite let me know!

1. First is a blog post organization sheet. I really need this. I am not sure how long I will stick with it but will give it a good try. I have heard that it takes 30 days to create a habit so, I will try to make filling out this form a habit.

My favorite is "My Blog Topics" printable from perideaudesigns.com. If you search Pinterest for Blog Organization there are several to choose from but this is my favorite because you can enter your title, thoughts and inspiration including websites that inspired the post and Search Engine keywords that you would like to include. There is room for three post ideas on a page. I just wish it would print a little darker.



2. Organizing all of the papers, etc that I need for our home. I know...I am an adult and should have done this a long time ago. I am telling you I need help. Better late than never right? We have them in strange places and I just need to get them all together. I would feel so much better about it. So, again from Pinterest I found this fun little blog, The Nest Effect. She has all sorts of files going. This one is a mail station. So, I want to use the look of hers and just label the files for my use. I thought it would be pretty simple and effective for us.



3. The third thing I would love, love to do is a Project 52 or something similar. One of the digital scrapbooking websites I love to visit is Design House Digital has a challenge called Project 365 (366) for this year. Anyway, the challenge is to take a photo every day then scrap a page each week or month. Now, this is a little ambitious for me. I think taking a couple of pics each week then making a couple of layouts each month would be a good goal. The purpose is to scrap everyday life instead of just major events. Doesn't that sound fun? I thought so. Here is an great, active blog I found. This lady really inspired me to try this. dwquiltart.blogspot.com Check it out! Wow!


What are your goals for 2012? Let's see if we can stick with them together.

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. The 365 project seemed like too much for me also though I love the idea. Project 52 sounds much more reasonable. I do think that it's important to make note of what out everyday life is like because if/when a future generation looks at our scrapbook it would be good for them to understand what our life was like at this time and place. I've often wished I had things like a picture of my Grandma's refrigerator or washing machine -- just simple everyday items that have changed since her time. I think my kids would like to see the comparison... and who knows, maybe they'll add pictures of their own one day and these items will have changed once again. Other things, like cars, change rapidly and would be really cool to notate.
    Another option might be to finally take photos of your valuables and your home that could be used for home inventory/insurance purposes. Of course the catch there is to keep them off-site so that if something happens they aren't lost.

    Ahhh, the exciting ideas truly are endless!

    ReplyDelete